Monday, May 20, 2013

Rooftop Photos

The Sun rises in the East. This is an early morning April Sunrise over my city, Kaifeng.
The tall building is a radio tower, not a revolving restuarant like
I first hoped when I moved here.


This is my building's complex. I never use the courtyard
but it's nice in theory. This photo is 5:30am, hence why the only
person you can see is the lone women on the right. The 3-wheeled bike
with the broom in the back is the 'Garbage Truck'. The women's job
is to clean-up in the complex and take out all the trash. It goes from the Green Bin, (Standing centre at bottom)
into the box on the back of her bike. Then she peddles it to a pile beside the complex where it gets dumped on a burn pile.
Garbage dumps don't exist here - Garbage gets burned everywhere. Definatly contributes to the city's horrible air quality.

Chickens that live on the roof of the apartment. I used to go up here and read every morning, then one day these 2 birds appeared . This city has 1 confirmed death from H7N9, yet they still allow chickens to live on the rooftop of one of the most expensive 'luxury' apartment complexes in the city.

Panaroma of Kaifeng, from my apartment roof. Facing East

Facing North. I am facing another building in the complex, so my apartment looks the same as this. I have 9th floor, corner unit, with windows facing North, East, and South. Lots of Sunlight!
 

Small garden beside my apartment where people are always working.

Regular Townhome in Kaifeng. Not much of a yard, mostly filled with piles of dirt, gravel, and garbage.

No comments:

Post a Comment